The text shall be double-spaced and left-justify across the whole document, including references and figure legends.
- Use 12-point Arial font, US letter (8.5 x 11”) page portrait layout, and the same margins of 2.5 cm (top/bottom/left/right).
- Number pages and lines (continuous line numbering).
- Make sure statistical treatment of data, if applicable, is properly described in the methods section.
- Include a “Data availability” section. Provide here, if applicable, the accession numbers of data deposited in public repositories. Alternatively, indicate if all data derived from the research is included as supplementary information or available through a web page (provide the URL).
- Submissions must include a “Conflict of interest” (COI) declaration that discloses COI of any of the authors. Follow VMOA’s COI disclosure guidelines.
- Include an “Author contributions” section describing the role of each author. Please, use the Contributor Roles Taxonomy (CRediT taxonomy) to describe each contribution.
- Provide the names of the funding bodies and grant identification numbers in the Acknowledgment section.
- For research involving animals, the methods section must include a statement identifying an institutional committee approval of the experiment. It should also cite the guidelines and/or regulations that were followed to perform the experiment.
- Supplemental material (text, tables, figures, etc.), if applicable, is combined in a single PDF file. Large data sets (*.xlsx), SVG (*.svg), and video (*.mp4) files may be uploaded separately. Do not include supplemental material in the main manuscript. Make sure all the information required to reproduce the experiment (i. e. accession numbers, primary data sets) is included in the main manuscript and not as supplementary information.
Please, refer to VMOA’s supplemental material guidelines.
Every submission must be accompanied by a cover letter directed to the editor in chief. This letter must address the following points:
1. Signed by the corresponding author on behalf of all authors,
2. Contains a brief description of the study and its main contribution to science,
3. A statement of manuscript originality, warranting it has not previously been published and it is not currently submitted to any other journal. Please, mention if results from the manuscript were presented at scientific congresses or are derived from a thesis dissertation that is held in a university public repository,
4. It must mention if the manuscript has been rejected previously by another journal on the basis of either scope or scientific grounds.
It must indicate that all authors qualify for authorship (refer to recommendations of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors: http://www.icmje.org, have agreed to the submission, and that no authors have been omitted.